It’s hard to overemphasize the opportunity we have in front of us. In November, 1,500 diverse changemakers are coming together in Los Angeles. Or, to put it another way, we’re all going to have access to tens of thousands of years of knowledge, experience, success, and even a few failures.
Upswell is being built to harness that extraordinary energy and learning – and it will be as powerful as what you (yes, you!) put into it.
We’re excited to accept proposals for six different opportunities on the Upswell schedule. These are opportunities to both give and get. They are creatively designed to let you share your knowledge on a national stage and seek out ideas from fellow changemakers.
And – this is important – these are opportunities for everyone, regardless of title or resources. If you have an idea, we want to hear it.
These are the six opportunities:
- Workshops | Go deep with a 60-90 minute workshop. Choose from one of the four Upswell themes and pitch a full plan, including topic, format, outline, and speakers.
- Science/Tech Demonstrations | Do you have a technology or science innovation that’s advancing the way we do changework? Demonstrate it in the Public Square!
- Focus Groups | Pick a critical issue and lead a 30-minute small-group exchange about challenges, lessons learned, and new solutions.
- Changemaker Challenge | Shark Tank meets Escape Room! Pitch an actionable challenge that changemakers will try to solve in a fast-paced, collaborative, and highly creative 30-minute session.
- Spark Talks | You have 10 minutes on a stage in the Public Square. What big, bold idea do you want to share that might “ignite” a curious audience?
- Mindwork | Lead changemakers in a mental exercise to help them refresh and reboot their minds and spirits.
As your ideas start churning, keep in mind that the window to submit ideas is short. All ideas for a spot on the Upswell schedule must be received by the end of the day on Friday, July 27!