That lasting feeling of Upswell
// By Jacqueline Brennan
But we didn’t want that first Upswell experience to end there. We wanted changemakers to continue to apply what they learned to reconsider how they approach their work, and to cultivate the relationships they began there. We wanted that good Upswell feeling to last long after changemakers returned home to their lives and missions.
So is that what’s happening? Is the first Upswell continuing to have a lasting impact on the work of and connections made by those who were there? We checked in with changemakers who attended the inaugural Upswell gathering in Los Angeles, and here’s a sampling of what they had to say:
- “Upswell LA was a dynamic rethinking of the Independent Sector annual conference which I have been attending for many years. I love the new energy and new people that it brought together, and I look forward to future iterations.”
- “I am in touch with other changemakers throughout my region that I would not have met if for this conference.”
- “I have made life-long connections with people from around the country that I am still connected with through Facebook, emails and even phone calls. I have even made some new best friends…one in particular that is in my city. We go out to lunch often.”
- “This was by far the best conference I’ve ever attended in my community development career of seven years. The sessions were intentional, the time of the sessions were great that nothing was over 30 minutes. It was so much to do and see! It was well organized and thoughtfully planned.”
- “The participants were so incredibly open and filled with a willingness seldom experienced. This showed me the great level of impact the work can have on another level. I was able to learn so much more about the highest creative capacities of human beings. There was no resistance plus a high level of commitment and a profound openness that taught me even more about what creative exercises can do to elicit a shift and change in perspective and also to heal trauma.”
- “Overall, the conference was stunning. It was well put together and incredibly enriching on every level, eliciting highest creative capacities, communication and building among colleagues making a great impact in the world. I am absolutely grateful for the experience.”
- “It had a longer lasting effect. I think about what I engaged in and what I learned far more often. I am greatly impacted by the gathering – the people, the concepts, the energy…”
Find out for yourself what the Upswell experience is all about. We’re co-creating Upswell Chicago now with other changemakers to be even better – to challenge us and push the limits of what’s possible when we work together.
Bring your challenges, your ideas, and your enthusiasm to Upswell Chicago November 13-15 and let’s work together make real change happen.
[…] changemakers who’ll be making lasting connections, forging new partnerships, exchanging lessons learned, and sharing innovative approaches that can […]